Skip to content
Intellectual Property Management Rolepgermeraad2020-12-19T12:25:41-08:00
Best Innovation Practices from an Intellectual Property Management Perspective
Intellectual Property Management is closely integrated with the Technology R&D, New Business Development, and Human Resources functions.
Background specific to those working in Intellectual Property Management is offered below:
1. Make Sure Your Company Will Support Your Intellectual Property Management efforts:
- Your efforts have to align with your Company’s Business Direction.
- Your Efforts have to align with your Company’s Strategic Plans.
2. When You Conduct Your Intellectual Property Management efforts, Run Them Well:
- Run your project consistent with how your company behaves.
3. As Your Project Progresses, Keep Your Eyes Wide Open:
- Remember that “the-devil-is-in-the-details” when it comes to the actual day-to-day Intellectual Property Management work. A good IP leader knows how to pivot and use the right mix of IP Databases and management tools to make wise decisions.
- Make sure you know what your suppliers, customers, and competition are doing.
4. When Your Project Needs More Resources:
- Consider external sources of support
5. As You Undertake Your Intellectual Property Management Efforts, Understand How Your Senior Management Will Evaluate You And Your Activities:
- Know how they and your Company’s shareholders measure success