Skip to content
New Business Development Rolepgermeraad2020-12-19T11:53:51-08:00
Best Innovation Practices from a New Business Development Perspective
New Business Development is closely integrated with Technology R&D, Intellectual Property, and Human Resources functions.
Background specific to those working in New Business Development is offered below:
1. Make Sure Your Company Will Fund Your New Business Development Proposals:
- Your Proposals have to align with your Company’s Business Direction.
- Your Proposals have to align with your Company’s Strategic Plans.
2. When You Start Your New Business Development Project, Run It Well:
- Run your project consistent with how your company behaves.
3. As Your Project Progresses, Keep Your Eyes Wide Open:
- Make sure you know what your suppliers, customers, and competition are doing.
4. When Your Project Needs More Resources:
- Consider external sources of support
5. As Your Project Proceeds, Understand How Your Senior Management Will Evaluate You And Your Project:
- Know how they and your Company’s shareholders measure success