Skip to content
Key-Points When Improving Speed-to-Market
- The relationship between Speed-to-Market and product success is complicated.
- at a high level of generality Speed-to-Market is associated with new product success; however, watch out as there are businesses and products for which increasing Speed-to-Market may not increase product success.
- Focus on your overall product development capability rather than narrowly on Speed-to-Market.
- it is likely that better performance in executing Speed-to-Market strategies is a consequence of better overall new product development capabilities.
- A whole-of-system perspective to product development is critical.
- interdependencies must be recognized and all elements of your process integrated
- Improving Speed-to-Market is an iterative process involving multiple continuous cycles of improvement.
- It is not a linear, one-time process.